Enjoy mussels cooked in a light beer with a refreshingly hoppy bite.
Golden Beach Pale Ale is a perfect beer for this dish, best enjoyed with some crusty bread to soak up those beer-infused juices and a pint of our hoppy session ale to wash it down.
Serves: 3-4 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 15 mins
- 5 lbs fresh cultured mussels
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 can Sawdust City Golden Beach Pale Ale
- 3 tsp green curry paste
- ⅓ cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 dried kaffir lime leaves
- ¼ cup lemon grass, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- Rinse fresh mussels in tap water.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in large, heavy-bottomed pot. Add tomatoes, garlic, and ginger and sauté for 2 minutes. Add Sawdust City Golden Beach Pale Ale, coconut milk, green curry paste, cilantro, kaffir leaves, lemon grass, and salt. Simmer for 10 minutes to blend flavours.
- Add mussels, cover and cook about 5 minutes until mussels open. Discard any that do not open.
- Remove kaffir leaves, pour into a large bowl and garnish with added cilantro. Serve immediately with crusty bread.
Recipe by Linda.