Cellarman & Packaging Line Operator
Sawdust City is looking for a skilled, enthusiastic and hardworking craft beer lover to join our growing brew team as a cellarman and packaging line operator. The primary focus of this position, but not exclusively, is providing support to our brewing & packaging team through various cellaring, brewing and packaging activities. The position is extremely task driven and needs an individual who is able to multi-task and deal with the production team, suppliers and the rest of the Sawdust City team as a whole. Attention to detail being of the utmost importance. This role will be integral in all areas of the brewhouse; cellaring, packaging and inventory management, etc.
- Quality assurance both in the cellar and in the packaging hall
- Assisting brewing team with brewing related issues, projects
- Troubleshooting equipment problems within the brewhouse & packaging line
- Beer transfers – tank to tank/prep beers for packaging
- Operating the centrifuge for beer separation
- Cleaning, sanitation and maintenance of brewhouse equipment and cellars
- Operating our 12-head, counter pressure rotary filler packaging line
- Cleaning & sanitizing of fermenting tanks, filter equipment, hoses, packaging line
- Understanding and practicing all internal safety standards
- Proper handling of chemicals required for sanitization and cleaning of equipment
- Being an everyday ambassador for Sawdust City is a must
Experience and Requirements:
- At least one year of brewery experience, with a focus on cellar, brewhouse and packaging line work
- Minimum High School diploma (or equivalent). Brewing education at an accredited institution is an asset
- Strong trouble shooting skills with strong mechanical/electrical aptitude a definite plus
- Good written & verbal communication skills needed. Ability to fill in & maintain proper paper work a must.
- Able to follow direction and stick to established SOPs.
- Good organizational skills & problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team, with minimal supervision.
- Enjoys working under pressure at a fast pace
- Experience handling chemicals with an emphasis on cleaning and sanitizing SOPs
- Experience operating a forklift, skyjack and other large machines a definite asset
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motions for extended periods of time
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 50-100 pounds
- Understanding of the craft beer lifestyle
Seasonal – Summer Staff
Part-time / Casual
We are looking for a talented, energetic and reliable students that are interested in joining our Front of House and Event team on a part-time/casual (0-24 hours per week).
Teams members are expected to be reliable, courteous and attentive in providing our customers with a memorable hospitality experience. The ideal candidate should collaborate effectively with staff, customers, and suppliers.
- Pour and serve beer, wine and spirits
- Make and serve mixed drinks
- Open and close bar/retail
- Restock items when necessary
- Maintain a clean and attractive work area
- Check identification of guests to ensure age requirements are met
- Display a thorough knowledge of all beers on tap and available for sale
- Ability to do basic math
- Represent brewery at festivals and events
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain a friendly and professional demeanour at all times
- Demonstrate superior communication skills
- Able to work days or evenings, including weekends
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Able to maneuver kegs weighing up to 150 lbs.
- Smart Serve certified
- Safe Food Handlers Certification is an asset
- 19 years of age or older